EB-1B Outstanding Professors & Researchers

  • Home
  • EB-1B Outstanding Professors & Researchers

What is EB-1B Outstanding Professors & Researchers visa?

EB-1B is an employment-based visa for the outstanding professors or researchers who have the international recognition. Unlike self-petitioned EB-1A visa, EB-1B should be filed petition by the employers rather than the beneficiary of the petition.

General Requirements for EB-1B Petitioners

You must demonstrate international recognition for your outstanding achievements in a particular academic field. You must have at least 3 years experience in teaching or research in that academic area. You must be entering the United States in order to pursue tenure or tenure track teaching or comparable research position at a university or other institution of higher education.

You must include documentation of at least two items listed below and an offer of employment from the prospective U.S. employer.

  • Evidence of receipt of major prizes or awards for outstanding achievement
  • Evidence of membership in associations that require their members to demonstrate outstanding achievement
  • Evidence of published material in professional publications written by others about the alien’s work in the academic field
  • Evidence of participation, either on a panel or individually, as a judge of the work of others in the same or allied academic field
  • Evidence of original scientific or scholarly research contributions in the field
  • Evidence of authorship of scholarly books or articles (in scholarly journals with international circulation) in the field